General Booking Terms & Conditions of Boarding
When you make a Booking, you are accepting the applicable policies below.
I hereby agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions as laid down by Frensham Pond Kennels .
I authorize Frensham Pond Kennels to take my pet to a Veterinary Surgery if required.
Preferably my own registered vet but one of their choice if more appropriate than using my own due to availability, time or location.
Those with Two or More Dogs or Cats from the same household.
I hereby authorize Frensham Pond Kennels to allow my Dogs or Cats to share the same kennel or cattery. Even though from same household permission is required
I authorize the separation of my pets into different pens if required.
(Very unlikely but permission is required)
1. Your pet can only be accepted for boarding if it is in good health, not showing any symptoms of infectious diseases and you are able to produce a Certificate confirming your pets inoculations are up to date. No Dog can be accepted for boarding unless it has been inoculated against Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parvo Virus & Kennel Cough. No Cat can be accepted for boarding unless it has been inoculated against Feline Enteritis and Cat Flu.
2. Whilst every possible attention is given to each pet boarded with us, it is done so entirely at the owners risk, as are pets sharing accommodation, should we feel the need to separate them in the interest of the animal’s own safety, a relevant charge for the extra accommodation may be levied
3. Any current or ongoing problems with a pet’s health or temperament must be notified to us at the time of booking. We reserve the right to refuse any pet that we consider to be of an unreliable temperament, or sick at the time of boarding.
4. Should it be necessary at our discretion for a vet to be called for any existing health condition prior to boarding, all fees incurred are the responsibility of the owner. All pets should have been wormed recently. Should any pet on arrival require treatment for internal or external parasites (fleas worms etc.) then a charge will be levied for this.
5. Fees are charged at a daily rate, should an animal be collected before the booked departure date, the reserved occupancy fee may be charged. Payment is required in full upon collection,
6. Please note all pets boarded are insured whilst in our care, excluding fees in connection with any condition that existed prior to boarding, or in the event of death, cost of cremation etc.
7. Whilst every possible attention is given to selecting a suitable partner when pairing dogs this it is done so entirely at the owners risk.
8. If you want to cancel your booking
If you wish to cancel a booking you must let us know as soon as possible, preferably by email or in writing but a phone call if no alternative. Your booking will be cancelled with effect from the day we receive your email or written notification.
The closer your cancellation is to the start of your booking, the less likely we are to recover the cost by re-booking the space.
We therefore reserve the right to apply our cancellation charges and these increase as your start date approaches.
The total cost means the total amount payable in relation to your booking for the whole period.
No. of days prior to holiday start date Cancellation charge
15-21 : 20% of the total cost
7-14 Days : 50% of the total cost
Less than 7 Days : 100% of the total cost
New: 22-31 Days : 10% of the total cost
If booked prior to 10/3/2020 the New 10% will not be applied.
a) Significant reductions in the period of the booking may also result in cancellation charges in a similar percentage ratio as above. e.g. Shortening the booking from 14 days to 7 days, 9 days before due to arrive will result in a charge of 50% of the 7 days total cost, lost.
b) A similar charge may be levied if there is a reduction in the number of pets but mainly if the number of kennels required is reduced. e.g. 4 dogs needing 2 kennels but reduced to 2 dogs in one kennel may result in a fee, however if originally 2 dogs were booked in one kennel and now only one dog is coming we reserve the right to charge for the difference in lost revenue on the same basis as above but as single dogs are charged at a much higher rate anyway this may be sufficient.
These last two circumstances a) & b) are unlikely to be applied to the full extend but we reserve the right to do so and calculated on a case by case basis.
The New 10% rate was introduced during the Coronavirus outbreak and under normal circumstances unlikely to be applied as this is normally enough time to re-fill.
It is unfortunate that we have felt it necessary to apply a cancellation fee, we have always relied on clients good will but increasingly have had more than a few cancel last minute without valid reasons (e.g. being held in reserve in case the neighbours can’t have the pets), this is not only costly to our business but more frustratingly we would have turned away numerous clients that were desperate for the space and too late for our cancellation waiting list, we will review each on merit and continue to be sympathetic to genuine emergency situations.